Closed in 1965, Meopham Parish Council led the restoration of the Mill and it now serves as the headquarters of the Parish Council.
Visitors to Meopham are struck by the unusual design of its Grade II listed, six-sided windmill. This "smock" mill was built in 1801 by the Killick brothers, a highly respected Kentish milling family, and is named due the similarity between the mill outline and the clothing worn by agricultural workers. The Killicks sold the mill in 1889 and it was the Norton family who were responsible for the mill's switch from being sales driven to engine powered. The windmill ceased to be a working mill in 1965.
Visits to the Windmill can be made in the summer months by arrangement with the Parish Council by phoning 01474 81 35 18.
Events at this Venue
|Sun 15 May||Meopham Windmill Open to the Public|
|Sun 22 May||Meopham Windmill Open to the Public|
|Sun 29 May||Meopham Windmill Open to the Public|
|Sun 5 Jun||Meopham Windmill Open to the Public|
|Sun 12 Jun||Meopham Windmill Open to the Public|
|Sun 19 Jun||Meopham Windmill Open to the Public|
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Guided tours for individuals
- Guided tours for groups
- Smoking not allowed